Sunday

Green Tea and Soy Sauce Ice Cream recipe

japanese green tea and soy sauce ice cream recipeGreen Tea and Soy Sauce Ice Cream recipe
(Servings: 4)
- 3 egg yolks
- 125g (4 1/2 oz.) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 200 ml milk
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons (10g) granulated sugar for whipping heavy cream
- 1 Cup strongly brewed green tea (1 1/2 Teaspoons green tea leaves, with 250 ml boiled, not boiling, hot water)


-
Mix egg yolks with sugar and soy sauce.
-
Add milk to the egg mixture and strain. Cook over very low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spatula until the mixture starts steaming and thickens slightly.
-
Remove from heat and put pan in cold water; mix in cold green tea.
-
Process mixture in an ice cream maker until partially frozen. Add heavy cream that has been whipped with sugar until soft peaks form. Continue processing until the mixture hardens.
-
Serve with nuts or praline.
Enjoy!!
note that this japanese green tea ice cream isn't a strong green colour compared to others, I think the commercial green tea ice cream that is around must add colouring



------------------------------------------------
This is another of my
fun (Pokemon Games) , interesting (Star Wars Lego Collectables) blogs I write at the moment, my main one is GoldCoaster. Keep checking back here for more Japanese Ice Cream.

3 comments:

mike said...

recipe sounds great. I'll have to try it when I get a chance. Green tea ice cream is usually so rich and colorful because powdered green tea (matcha) is used.

Coaster said...

thanks for the comment, Mike. I guess most green tea ice cream is the powdered matcha but some are really green so I thought that maybe some colour has been added. You are probably more correct than me.

Anonymous said...

This one I never heard of before . But this sure looks like a nice and unique recipe . I will try this and write back about how it was . Thanks again for the recipe!